Monday 5 May 2014

Silver Rain

Having tried and failed, yesterday, to find Wood Warbler along the disused railway line from the Merthyr tunnel to Abernant, I popped up there again, this morning, before work and after a little while heard the beautiful silvery trill coming from the larch forest adjacent to the tunnel approach. Creeping through the wood, I eventually had some good views of it, as it sang and quivered its wings. Such a lovely bird!
After that first for the year, this morning, another presented itself this evening, in the shape of a single Swift.

Yesterday morning, while searching for Grasshopper Warbler behind Tower colliery, I head, then saw my first Whinchat of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mark I was up the tunnel this morning about 6 .30 and I also had a single Wood Warbler singing and displaying.When you sent me the text I thought whats the chances we go to the same place.I had 6 Swifts down Mountain Ash today. They were calling and pairing up and I think they had just arrived.. I also had large Red in some ones garden.

    ReplyDelete