Friday 4 August 2017

Abercwmboi Lake

I was working in Abercwmboi yesterday and in between showers I nipped over the lake to check how the swans were doing. I could see they were in the far corner with all seven youngster still present and they are looking healthy. As I stood there I could hear a Kingfisher and within seconds I had a blue flash over me. It looked at one point it was about to land but it saw me and went off like a rocket around the corner and out off sight. Has I walked around I found a load of these big fungus and as they are growing under birch I thought its a good chance that they are Brown Birch Boletes. I was also checking the Alder for  Alder Tongue Fungus and I found two trees with it on. I also saw a couple of butterflies which were Gatekeeper, Meadow Brown, 1 Small Heath, 1 Red Admiral and about a dozen Common Blues but apart from one male they all seemed to be female type. Also present on site I got  two Dragonflies which were Common Darter and a male Southern Hawker.






1 comment: