Monday 4 December 2017

Sunday Stroll

Last Sunday I did another Search for a Great Grey Shrike in between Fernhill and Coed Cae Aberaman but sadly nice walk and no shrike. I did see a couple of flocks of Common Crossbills and a cracking female Goshawk having a brush off with a Raven, one I have seen loads of times but still a great pleasure to see.

I also found some Crystal Brain Fungus in the forest. I have not seen it in forestry before always on open moorland, it looks like something off the set of alien movies. It was nice to see less motorbikes and more people running and mountain biking. I also find more and more you walk a path and get to a point where the path runs out because its so over grown now.


1 comment:

  1. I think that there is so much habitat now for the shrikes it is going to get harder and harder to find them.

    ReplyDelete