Sunday 11 February 2018

Abernant




I found this Common Lizard, at first I thought it was chilled but on looking closer I noticed it had no eyes and it was dead. As I turned it over I found this amazing colour, I have never seen one so bright.





I had a couple of hours spare this afternoon so I nipped up to Abernant to have a look for Mark's Short Eared Owl and shall we say the weather was very changeable. I had snow  and sunshine and a biting wind. It was nice to see my second lot of Crystal Brain Fungus of the day, at first I thought it was snow. Bird wise it was quiet and apart from 61 Ravens and about 30 Starling and a small number of Herring Gulls there was no sign of any Owls and probably the best sighting was a Red Fox .

5 comments:

  1. Pity no Owl, but at least it wasn't a wasted visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a wasted trip and just great to be out and maybe came out later or maybe wind and snow keeped it down and some gut has fly tipped up there again and by gate where your cobalt crust is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perhaps I was wrong and there isn't one there.

    ReplyDelete