Monday 12 October 2020

Not a Yellow-browed Warbler

 As expected the returns in the moth trap are dwindling and after a nil return on last Sundays efforts, I was contemplating stopping for the Winter. However, with others  still pulling in the odd moth or two, including a few that wood be lifers, I've kept going. 

I ran the trap on Thursday (8th) and it returned 4 moths, of 4 species. This included the first Red-green Carpet, Chloroclysta siterata for the trap and for the km square, and a lifer in the form of a Flounced Chestnut, Agrochola helvola.


I ran the trap again last night and a slightly small return of three moths of 3 species. But it did contain two lifers, Red-line Quaker, Agrochola lota and Yellow-line Quaker, A. macilenta. They don't quite live up to the Yellow-browed Warb' found by Phil and Martin in Aberdare Country Park yesterday, (Top find guy's, I couldn't even find a Chiffy) but it will do for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment