Thursday 23 November 2017

Quiet walk

When I was waiting for Phil to pick me up from the top of my road on Sunday morning it was a nice surprise to see such a brilliant sunrise.
We did our yearly search for Great Grey Shrike at Garwnant doing a big loop of the forestry but it was dead and all we saw was a single Red Kite and two groups Common Crossbills  (8 in all). We both commented that the speed the trees are growing it will not be suitable for Shrikes for much longer and it's time we should start looking elsewhere. We also checked the path going up to the open moorland and I did a spot  of break dancing and I think Phil was gutted he did not get it on camera  and  it's  still nice to see I have got the moves. I also noticed that the wall which is normally covered in Matchstick Lichen was hardly covered, maybe a sign of too much rain or lack of of light from the forest. Next up we went for a quick look at Rhaslas pond and it was nice to see good section of wildfowl. We saw 28 Wigeon, 8 Tufted Duck, 5 Mallard, 4  female type Goldeneye, 1 drake Goosander, 4 Great Crested Grebe, 4 Cormorants, 25 Canada Geese and about 150 Herring gulls.


1 comment:

  1. I was really worried when you fell in case you hurt yourself !!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete