Monday 4 February 2019

Whitebird

I hope Phil won't mind me doing another copy and paste post, from my facebook page.

I discovered this albino Blackbird, back in January, but didn't have a camera with me. Today was the first opportunity to go back with my bridge camera for an attempt at getting a proof shot.
It was half dozing and sunning itself well into cover, so it was impossible to get a clear shot of it. As you can see I am no bird photographer, either.
I was desperate not to disturb it and flush it, as being albino, it would be a prime target for being mobbed by other blackbirds and also preyed on by crows and such like. There were a couple of Magpies very close by, as I quickly took a dozen shots and moved on.
Please don't ask for the precise location, as I do not want it to be subject to unnecessary disturbance.



2 comments:

  1. Cracking bird Mark and nice find and i have been see in one by bakers garage with a all white and not seen it for a couple of weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem with copy and paste, I do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete