Thursday 31 May 2018

Willow Tit Survey


I also did my second visit to Tirfounder North and I was amazed how quiet  it was. I had no tit flocks at all and I witnessed a Jay ripping into a Long Tailed Tits nest, it flew off with a chick. This nest was about 15 to 20 feet up in a fork of a Sycamore tree and the camouflage on the nest was brilliant , I know it's nature but still sad to see. I also found a Dragonfly near the bridge, it was hiding up in the Ivy on the wall, I could see the larvae so it must have crawled across the path and up the wall, this path is pretty busy with people walking to Aberdare and it was very lucky it was not stood on. I had half dozen people pass when I was trying to take a photo. It was a Golden Ringed Dragonfly which I think is the earliest I have seen one. A nice end to a wet walk but still no Willow Tit again.

1 comment:

  1. I really like Golden Ringed probably my favourite.

    ReplyDelete