Wednesday 8 August 2018

Another one



Text from TG at 07:12 informed me that a green sand was at Llwyn-onn, opposite the lonesome pine. I called in just after 08:00 and heard it as it was being mobbed by mixed aged pied wagtail, which eventually drove it into the water, thankfully it recovered quickly. This is my 3rd this autumn/ish I'm usually lucky to get 1 every couple of years.

At Rhaslas 3 ringed plover (2 ad + 1 juv) on the 7th but very slow. At Pentwyn still no change except for my first juvenile little grebe at this site on the 7th (I haven't had many adults) and at least 35 house martin this a.m. Only species new in the moth trap is what appears to be Aproaerema anthyllidella, but don't quote me.

2 comments:

  1. Cheers Phil, have you noticed how angry all life has become recently, everything is in a bad mood, who would have thought it of pied wagtail. A minimum of 4 pints a day works for me. See you.

    ReplyDelete