Monday 6 August 2018

Valleys Mute Swans

After the local Swans  at Abercwmoi lake failed, it makes you think what went wrong this year also last years young semm to be left alone now as they did not breed this year. I was planning on going to Cyfarthfa Castle for a concert on Sunday so I had a quick check on the swan on the lake and it was great to see they have breed and had six healthy cygnets. There was also three other adults present and they all same to be getting on with each other also it could be the answer where some of these swans turn up in the Cynon valley are coming from.  Also when I was watching the concert I had a Purple Hairstreak in the oak I was sitting under and when the light went a really big Hawk Moth flew past and it makes you think is there are Convolvulus Hawk Moths about at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment