Saturday 6 October 2018

Psychedelic man

Blog seems to be a bit quiet so here a couple of photos from last weekend and I had to post as there is no Mushroom on my photo card . First up is Sulphur Tuft and it was at Robertstown and on the site opposite where Universal use to be and they seem to be starting to clear the site. There are reptile mats everywhere and they have put that wall up to stop reptiles going through. Another brown field site gone.
Next up, last Saturday I went  over Penmoelallt for a walk and I found Honey fungus everywhere and it seems very over grown with a couple of tree down and as nature reserves go I was not very impressed and bird wise it was dead.
I also found these smart fungus. Still trying to find out what they are and any  help would great.
I also found this Bittersweet and I don't ever remember the leaves going this colour and I don't know if it's a fungus or is normal. Has anybody else noticed this?
Last of all and back to Robertstown and I have been checking fairly regular for Fly Agaric at this site with no joy, but I could not believe my eyes as I found four but the Slugs or Snails had got there first and it's like they go around taking a bite out of each one or licking the spots off and going "yuk" and then go on to the next one. You could all most picture the Snail from The Magic Roundabout sitting there spaced out going "what's occurring mate" and that's my small post over.


5 comments:

  1. Not mushroom you really are a fungi Martin 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bluing of the leaves is probably a reaction to the colder temperatures. Plant leaves sometimes go bronze, purple or blue as a reaction to a drop in temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Rob a very fungus guy boom boom and thank you Mark it makes good Sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your mystery mushrooms are Webcaps, Cortinarius spp, possibly bovinus or suillus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Martin and great to know.

    ReplyDelete