Saturday 25 May 2019

Great to see some Butterflies out

Last weekend after the BBS Survey I went to the Cwm Cadlan Reserve to see if there was any Marsh Fritillary on the wing and I hit the jackpot before I got to the bridge. I had 4 in total and it was also great to see the Butterwort in flower. Has I walked around the meadows I came to what I thought was a strange  looking bee and on looking closer I had a nice surprise when it turned out to be a Narrow Bordered Bee Hawkmoth, only the second one I have ever seen but it flew of before I could get a photo. It's has also been a good year for Green Hairstreak and I had two Nectaring on Bluebells also one down on Hirwaun Sidings in the week and also three Wall Browns.

 There seemed to be still loads of Orange tips on the wing.

 Common Butterwort.
 Great butterfly a Peacock and this one has been used for target practice by the local birds.
Robertstown today give me my first Mother Shipton moth of the year and new for me at this site also at last my first Common Blue Butterfly of the year.



1 comment:

  1. Nice butterflies and insect, I need to get out more.

    ReplyDelete