Monday 26 August 2013

More species for the chopper

Taken at 08:30 hours this morning from north dam looking west, snipe[3] & curlew sandpiper[8] also garganey still present, favouring the north west corner unless freaked by cattle. Winter wildfowl building in numbers but they move around the local ponds during the day. 
 
Now you have heard me going on about open-cast well I've just found out a well known welsh company has planning permission to erect 2 turbines on the old railway track almost immediately adjacent to the south east corner of the pool. Its just behind where the male hen harrier had its regular night roost and where the short-eared owl moved east - west - east. I could go on about passage birds treating this place as a safe oasis, 4500 gulls winter roost at pontsticill and call in for a wash and brush up probably several times a day or the breeding and wintering waders, but not me. Ground preparations have already began, yet I cannot find a copy of the environmental statement or bird survey anywhere on the net, i.e. Caerphilly planning portal. Please if any one reading this can point me in the right direction or give me any clue how this has occured please contact me on 07815 311359, all information will be treated strictly confidentially. Who did the bird survey, when was it done !!!!!!! please don't tell me it was done by a bloke with a scope sticking out of his car window.

No comments:

Post a Comment