Sunday 21 September 2014

Up on t' moors

A walk looking for Red Grouse turned up trumps with 3 seen in flight - flushed by a gun dog, but no sign of owners/hunters. Probably two Hen Harriers hunting over the moor.
After Martin  Bevan showed me my first Sundews (Oblong-leaved) when we were in the New Forest earlier this year, I found my own Round - leaved (or Common) Sundews.
It was then up to CCG. Little in the way of birdlife, but plenty of fungi along the path including some impressive Fly Argic's, the size of side plates.
On the way home, I called into Rhaslas. it's really disappointing to see that the "developers" are well into draining the pond. 30 Canada honkers, 12 Tufted, 4 Wigeon and 2 Pintail were the wildfowl making the most of the remaining water. I did manage to pick up my first Black Darter for the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment