Monday 2 July 2018

Moths

I decided last night to put out the moth trap Mike lent me (he's probably forgotten it was so long ago.) I stayed up until midnight, took a few photos and was pleased to see quite a lot flying around including some decent sized moths.

However when opening the trap this morning there were not that many species and unfortunately none of the bigger ones. Ones I have identified so far are as follows.

Anania Coronata

Eudonia Lacustrata

Brimstone

Clepsis Consimilana

Buff Arches

Buff Arches

Grey Arches

Dot Moth

Riband Wave

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see you getting some use out of the old trap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you having go and keep up the good work .

    ReplyDelete
  4. How many species did you have, Phil?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only about a dozen. I still need to identify a few. If I had stayed up longer I'm sure that it would have been more with the amount flying around.

    ReplyDelete