Tuesday 18 September 2018

Aberdare Park

I was stir crazy in the house with it being wet again so I decided to have a walk around the park and see if there any Fly Agaric this year. Like last year there was no sign of any. Last year I thought it was maybe the fact they had cut the grass later and they had mowed them but it seemed strange as the year before there was over two hundred Fly Agaric and none since. There seems to be lots of new signs in the park, looking very smart too.

When I was looking for fungus I noticed these two Carrion Crows and when the one turned around I saw it had white flight feathers on the one side. I remember having a Willow Tit in the garden with the same flight feathers on one side and also having a white tail too.

I was wondering if maybe this Blackbird is belonging to the one I get with a white head at the top of my street.
 Lots of busy Squirrels burying their stash of nuts for the winter.
There was about dozen Chaffinchs and two or three Goldfinch feeding on the floor under the bushes also 52 Canada Geese and two Greylags with them and over the lake / pond there was good numbers of House Martin and Swallows also a single Sand Martin.
 The only fungus of note was there as the rest had turned to mush.






1 comment: