Saturday 15 September 2018

Bits and Bobs from Saturday

 When I was working in Abercwmboi today I found this moth on a customers wall and on looking in the book the closest I could find was Large Ranunculus which I think is a new moth for me.S o I posted on Facebook just in case its not and Del Monte say yes. I asked my customer first if it was ok to take a photo and they said what you like moths but when I showed her the moth she seemed surprised how smart it was.
 Next up I finished work and I decided to go back up to Bryn Du above Llwydcoed and no sooner had I got in the forest I found this Southern Hawker and it was a quick scramble to change the lens before it took off again but I got two photos before it did and what a cracker it was. I also saw two others and a single Common Darter .
Lep wise it was pretty quite and it was nice to see there were still Sliver Y's about. I also saw a single Small Heath and a Fox Moth Caterpillar but I could not decide if it had ticks on it or some kind of Parasite and but in the end thought it was grass seed.

I have not had time to Id the fungus but there were loads of them and I just liked the colour. I did a full loop of the forest but it was dead and by the time I finished I was cream crackered and it will be long time before I do it again.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for so many post and i will get help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The mushroom's look like one of the Milkcaps, possible Saffron or False Saffron - need to check how it react to it's milk - cut one, press the gills and it should exude a liquid drop, put that onto the cut flesh and if turns purple after about 10mins it's False Saffron Milkcup - alternatively post on Glam Fungi Facebook face for Emma to id

    ReplyDelete