Monday 17 October 2016

Spurn Point

A couple of shots from yesterdays trip,  a place I've always wanted to go to. I found it a great place with birds everywhere and the birders and wardens very friendly.
 This is  Eastington where the birders had to wait before seeing the Siberian Accenter
Old Church yard where we saw Pallas's Warbler and Yellow Browed Warbler
The pub carpark.
 Saw this sign and thought one of these would be a great bird to end the day but sadly no joy.
Local Weather Forecast


 We found 4 Knot and two had tags and I am trying to find out where their from.

We sit in the hide for a few hours from the rain and boy did it rain.
 Phil found this male Redstart trying to hide from the rain


Cracking place and cannot wait to go back.

6 comments:

  1. I think that weather forecast is brilliant. Next time we go we are definitely going to stay overnight, I'm still knackered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sound good to me and maybe we should have had acloser look at these northern wheatears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking that. Apparently there were 5 Dusky Warblers reported yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a cracking day(s)out lads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Knot were ring at spurn 10 days earlier and nice to know and where this report mr bell

    ReplyDelete