Friday 2 March 2018

New Birds for the Garden

Yesterday morning my daughter said the Starlings are back, they had not been in the garden for over a twelve month. I said great and within the hour I had had 7 starlings on my feeders. Well as the day went on I thought I was seeing things, it went up to 9 and by night fall there was just over thirty and I was pretty happy. At first light today thirty came in and then it was like a sight from Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds, they kept coming and were all over my bushes also next doors garden wall and shed, over head phone lines and there must have between 250 to 300 birds. They ate everything, had a bath and then flew off. I went back up with more food and water but only about 70 came back and as fast has I put food out it was gone. I also had a nice surprise when I had a single Redwing and two Fieldfare. In my front garden I had two Song Thrush in the flower beds.
Also I went to Tesco and when I was walking back with my daughters we found three Redwing and a Mistle Thrush feeding on ivy berries in a garden in the street below so I ran back for my camera. Also on the top of my street there were three Bullfinch feeding under a conifer right by the main road.
ad








3 comments:

  1. Good stuff, quite jealous of the Starlings I don't get any in my garden.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sadly no Rob and you would think if any around they would turn up in Gardens.

    ReplyDelete