Wednesday 16 January 2013

Late news

I've had 2 phone calls from Llwyn-onn Rangers since Monday and dipped both times; Monday 4 Scoter at Pentwyn reservoir, had left by the time I got there. Today 'diver species' on Beacons reservoir, apparently it was distant and dived before they could confirm id (probable Gt Northern). Although they hung around for some time they never saw it resurface.  I checked all 3 reservoirs but no sign but did get my first (probably the last) Merlin for the year along slope east of A470.

2 comments:

  1. HI Mike ,what the snow like over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Snowed in all day, no traffic in street just kids, A470 shut N & S with H of V shut at Dowlais. I've been keeping the feeders full, 1st time I've had woodpigeon in my backyard.

      Will check main village road later when I go for beer. It's supposed to ease off, so we should be alright by Tuesday.

      Delete