Friday 31 March 2017

Abercwmboi Lake

A shower finished my day off today at 3.45 pm so not to bad. I nipped down to the lake to check if there was any Hirundines about and after the Red Rump Swallow yesterday in Gwent who knows and  I might come up trumps. When I got to the lake and started  to scan the first bird I picked up was a  single swallow and in the next few minutes there were Sand Martins everywhere. I had about fifty birds but I could only make the one swallow out. Has I walked around thd lake I heard my first Willow Warbler of the year and as I was about to go looking for it and it landed in a bush next to me. I scanned the lake a bit more and I found the two resident Mute Swans and they have turfed their youngsters out already and I also found two coots sitting on nests.

No comments:

Post a Comment