Sunday 20 September 2015

just larking about

A vist to Pant Norton yesterday afternoon after coaching pulled in a juv Whinchat and several Yellowhammer. On the Insect front, I found an Elephant Hawkmoth caterpillar, and both Common and Slender Groundhoppers.




Off to Uskmouth and Goldcliffe this morning. Quiet around Uskmouth but much busier at Goldcliffe with the two Little Stint, Spot Red and several Ruff still around.
Moving over to Boat Lane, I noted some ramblers moving below the see wall in the restricted area. fortunately there was little birdlife to disturb, but the did put up a small group of Skylark. I had a quick look at these and as they banked I noticed one had a very short tail. It was noticably smaller than the others and lacked the white edge to the secondaries. A Woodlark.

On getting home, via my parcel depot (Phil), I found a Vine Weevil Otiorhynchus sulcatus just outside the front door - an ideal subject to test out my new toy...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment