Friday 6 May 2016

Still No Dotterel

I heard that there had been 2 pairs of Dotterel in Brecon the day before and felt this could be the day. As I look up going out through the door I had a male Goshawk being mobbed by Gulls overhead and thought that this could be a sign and rushed up Cwm Cadlan before work. Still lots of Wheatear displaying and it looks like they are still coming in, also swallows going through and had a cracking view of a cuckoo flying low past me as I walked over the lime stone pavement but sadly no Dotterel. This was my third and last visit so down to everyone else now. I stopped by the last cattle grid and got a Grasshopper Warbler singing and after a bit manged too see it. It was nice to just hear it after trying two other sites and having no luck. Also the Swifts were back in Penywaun yesterday and I saw about a dozen in all flying around screaming over the houses.



5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cefn Cadlan Martin how many times do i have to tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pmsl sorry rob i keep getting it wrong i been told before about it

    ReplyDelete
  4. 12 were at Martin,s Haven

    ReplyDelete