Wednesday 10 June 2015

Moth Trapping

If anyone is interested, I'll be running my trap at Gwyl Taf nature reserve, Merthyr Vale (ST 0844 9656) on Thursday evening. Although it is for their biodiversity blitz, it is a non public event and it'll be just me and one trap. The evening promises to be far milder than recently, with the small threat of showers after midnight, so there should be moths.
You are welcome to drop in for a look if you want and there is no obligation for you to stay if you do turn up.
I'll be on the Taff Trail, accessible from Quaker's Yard, or you can park by Quaker's Yard train station and having crossed the line via the footpath there, walk down through the reserve.

5 comments:

  1. I shall probably join you, hopefully for some nice hawkmoths

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully so. I look forward to seeing you Martin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. By the way, the trap will be switched on at around 22:00.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see that there are migrants already in the country, so there is always a possibility of something unusual too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did the mothing go boys

    ReplyDelete